We offer a wide variety of services because we found that many different types of treatments are required to best treat our patients. Please read about how we can help you.
Services provided are available on the field, at your competition, and in the office. Services fall into four main categories:
- Spinal and Extremity Manipulation
– Chiropractic adjustments remove joint restrictions increasing range of motion and reducing back pain, neck pain and other joint pains. Additionally, chiropractic manipulation has been shown to relax the muscles surrounding that joint. Proven safe and effective, a chiropractic adjustment is the best treatment for certain types of joint pain. An adjustment is a precise quick thrust movement applied to a joint which restores normal joint motion.
- McKenzie Exercises
– The McKenzie Method is an overall program of assessment, treatment and prevention strategies (including exercise) developed in the 1960’s by Robin McKenzie, a physical therapist in New Zealand. He discovered that bending the spine backward could provide significant pain relief to certain patients and allow them to quickly return to their normal daily activities. The focus of the method is treating the source of pain rather than just the symptoms. A central tenet of the McKenzie Method is that self-healing and self-treatment are important for the patient’s pain relief and rehabilitation. The long-term goal of the McKenzie Method is to teach patients suffering from neck pain and/or back pain to treat themselves and manage their own pain.
Other goals include:
- Reduce pain quickly;
- Return to normal functioning in daily activities;
- Minimize the risk of recurring pain (avoid painful postures and movements);
- Minimize the number of return visits to the spine specialist.
For some patients, such as those with lumbar spinal stenosis or facet joint osteoarthritis, extending the spine may actually increase their pain.
- Precompetition Tune-up
Why spend weeks or months training and not be at your best for competition? Precompetition tune-ups involve a detailed assessment of joint flexibility and muscle strength. The assessment is specifically geared toward your sport so you can get the most out your training. I will give specific treatments and recommendations to improve performance and decrease injury.
- Post Competition Evaluation and Treatment
Speed your recovery to get you back training at your best. After training or competition the body needs to “decompress” and recover from the stress you demand of it. Advanced massage and specific stretches can help realign your body back to optimal form.
- Sports/Peak Performance Consultation
This consultation evaluates your training program and musculoskeletal system to identify sport specific deficiencies before they become a problem. If you are injured, our doctors can work closely with your coach to prevent future problems.
- In Office and Home Based Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation is vital to complete recovery and prevention of occurrence. Whether you are recovering from a minor injury or surgery, proper rehabilitation is key to getting you back to peak function. Often times, people will fail to properly rehabilitate their injuries predisposing themselves to future problems. Exercises are taught then reviewed during follow-up visits.
- Active Release Technique®
Active Release Technique (ART) is a patented, state of the art, soft tissue, movement-based massage technique that has been proven to effectively treat overuse problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Active Release Technique® has been successfully used to treat headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, tennis elbow as well as numerous other conditions. Most conditions are resolved quickly and permanently with the use of Active Release Technique®. More about Active Release Technique
- Fascial Distortion Model®
The Fascial Distortion Model (FDM), developed by Stephen Typaldos, D.O., is an anatomical perspective in which the underlying etiology of virtually every musculoskeletal injury (and many neurological and medical conditions as well) is considered to be comprised of one or more of six specific pathological alterations of the body’s connecting tissues (fascial bands, ligaments, tendons, retinacula, etc.). This model not only allows for strikingly effective manipulative treatments for diverse afflictions such as pulled muscles, fractures and frozen shoulders, but the results are objective, obvious, measurable and immediate. More about Fascial Distortion Model
- Myofascial Release Techniques
Advanced movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves resulting in fast and permanent results. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fascitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently with these techniques. These conditions are often a result of overused muscles. Overused muscles can cause your body to produce tough, dense scar tissue in the affected area. This scar tissue binds up and ties down tissues that need to move freely. As scar tissue builds up, muscles become shorter and weaker, tension on tendons cause tendonitis, and nerves can become trapped. This can cause reduced range of motion, loss of strength, and pain. If a nerve is trapped you may also feel tingling, numbness, and weakness. Every myofascial release treatment is actually a combination of examination and treatment. Our doctors and therapists use their hands to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage
An advanced form of massage aimed at releasing scar tissue, adhesions, and fascial restrictions. It is used primarily on ligament and tendon injuries. The stainless steel instruments resonate when contacting fibrotic tissue clearly identifying the problem. It’s like a stethoscope for scar tissue. You will feel a difference after 1-4 treatments.
- Trigger Point Therapy
Trigger points are taught nodules of muscle tissue that refer pain to other areas of the body when compressed. They develop due to continual muscle tension without sufficient rest. The treatment involves focused firm pressure until the tissue relaxes and your pain decreases.
- Sports massage
Specific deep massage treatment freeing restricted muscles. Athletes commonly develop adhesion (sticky painful fascia) and scar tissue between their muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves which limit movement and causes pain. Sports massage sometimes involves pain but the results are fast and dramatic.
- Swedish massage
Gentle relaxing massage used to relieve stress, relax muscles, and stimulate blood flow. Swedish massage speeds recovery from workouts by stimulating circulation and removing metabolic wastes. This is the type of massage that most people are familiar with.
Whether rebounding from an injury, recovering from or preparing for surgery, or preventing injury, rehabilitation is the key to getting you back to your lifestyle. Knowing when to do the correct exercises based on your phase of recovery is crucial to minimizing setbacks and speeding recovery. Maximize your treatment effectiveness by scheduling a rehab appointment with our doctors or therapists.
- Personal Training Consultations
Don’t waste your time in the gym. Maximize your workout effectiveness by scheduling a consultation. Dr. Bomben’s background as a professional decathlete, personal trainer, and track coach uniquely positions him as a fitness expert. Dr. Bomben has a network of personal trainers and coaches he refers to based on your specific needs.
- Weight Loss Consultations
Maximize your weight-loss goals with a broad holistic approach. Our doctors take a comprehensive approach leading to long term results.
- Vitamins/Supplements Recommendations
Too often patients are taking supplements that don’t have the desired effect or aren’t taking the correct dosage. Save money by knowing – what to take, how much, and why.
Dr. Bomben’s sports background gives him a unique understanding of your injuries and the most effective treatmentsRequest an Appointment now