Meet the team
Ross Bomben, DC, DACBSP
Before becoming a chiropractor, Dr. Bomben was a track and field athlete, a two time all American, a two time PAC-10 decathlon champion, and a junior national decathlon champion. After retiring from athletics, he became a personal trainer, massage therapist and track coach.
Since becoming a chiropractor, Dr. Bomben has treated thousands of patients with conditions ranging from headaches to stress fractures of the foot. In 2008, he earned a certification as a Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP). In 2009, he furthered his specialization by becoming certified as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS). Finally in 2010, Dr. Bomben completed the highest level of sports chiropractic training to become a Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (DACBSP). These certifications better prepare Dr. Bomben to diagnose and treat your condition. Dr. Bomben continues his commitment toward the highest standards of excellence and clinical competence. His background gives him a unique perspective and access to elite professional and Olympic level coaches and consultants.
“I’ve had most of the injuries that people come into my office for. As a former professional athlete, I’ve been there so I know what works and what doesn’t. My treatments speed recovery and help prevent future injury. I often teach patients exercises to treat themselves. My own sports injuries inspired me to become a chiropractor – now I have the opportunity to inspire and assist you in achieving better health.”
Personal Practice Philosophy
To provide each patient I encounter with the most holistic care possible. This involves coaching and education on the many factors that affect health including exercise, diet, lifestyle, rest and environment. My treatment goals are to relieve your symptoms while restoring proper body function using safe and effective chiropractic and physical therapy methods. If I discover a disease process that requires treatment outside of the chiropractic scope of practice I refer immediately to the appropriate health care providers. My ultimate goal is to assist you in living a more healthy and happy life.
Dr. Ross Bomben, DC, DACBSP®, CSCS®, ART®
Doctor of Chiropractic, Cum Laude, 2006
- Western States Chiropractic College Portland, OR
- President of Sports Medicine Club
- ASB Outstanding Graduate Award 2005
Massage Therapist, 2001
- Lauterstein-Conway School of Massage Austin, TX
Bachelor of Arts Human Biodynamics, 1998
- The University of California at Berkeley Berkeley, CA
- PAC-10 Conference Decathlon Champion 1997, 1998
- NCAA Division I All-American 1996, 1998
- 2nd Place Decathlon, NCAA Division I National Championships 1996
- Junior National Decathlon Champion 1994
Certifications, Licenses & Memberships
- Full Body Certified Active Release Technique Provider – Active Release Technique Website
- Diplomate American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians® (DACBSP) through the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians®
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association®
- Texas Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic
- CPR and Emergency Care Certified
- Trained in Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue Massage, and Sports Massage Techniques
- Experience in Gait Analysis and Injury Prevention
- Course work in Muscle Activation Technique
- Course work in Fascial Distortion Model
- American Chiropractic Association
- Texas Chiropractic Association
- Lauterstein-Conway School of Massage Austin, TX
I’ve worked with athletes and active people from the following organizations:
- US Olympic track and field participants, medalists, and world champions in the decathlon, heptathlon, 100m, 200m, 1500m, 110mHH, long jump, and high jump.
- Olympic and world record holders in swimming and diving.
- Women’s Olympic soccer.
- Top ranked ATP men’s tennis pros.
- National Football League: San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Major League Baseball: Colorado Rockies, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago White Sox’s, Philadelphia Phillies, Baltimore Oriels, Toronto Blue Jays, Seattle Mariners, and the Texas Rangers.
- Professional musicians, song writers, and actors.
- Healthcare practitioners: many local medical doctors from the following specialties: (surgeons, pediatricians, obstetricians, family practice doctors, and psychiatrists), naturopathic doctors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, physician assistants, physical therapists, and occupational therapists.
- The following Universities – Texas @ Austin (UT), Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas @ El Paso (UTEP), University of North Texas, Stephen F. Austin, Texas State, California @ Berkeley (CAL), Stanford, Rice, Florida, Dartmouth, Harvard, and Yale.
- The following local high schools – Westlake, Lake Travis, Austin, Bowie, Crockett, Pflugerville, Leander, Round Rock, Anderson, Westwood, and many more.
Debbie Thurmond, Front Desk & Billing Specialist
Debra runs our office and makes sure every patient is taken care of. Among other things, she takes care of your appointment scheduling. You will meet her every time you come by.
Dr. Bomben’s sports background gives him a unique understanding of your injuries and the most effective treatmentsRequest an Appointment now